Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Richmond Places...A Series

Lately, I've been working on a series based on places in Richmond I hold near and dear to my heart. Since I won't be living here for too much longer, it would be good for me to do a tribute to the city...plus I'm getting practice with working on environments.

(click to see the colors in better quality!)

This spot is one of my favorite places to sit at a little coffee shop called Crossroads. It's one of the first places I fell in love with since attending VCU. As many coffee shops as there are in Richmond, like any first love, you can't help but always go back to it. When the weather's perfect (like it has been lately), I like to sit outside with a tasty scone and a delicious spiced chai smoothie. It's also an ideal spot for people-watching, since there's always a variety of folk who come and go to this place.

The only issue I've been nitpicking about with this is the lighting on the leg...I'll need to go back there to take some more reference shots (they make a huge difference in making your work look ten times better!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

allison, i love this, i love the lighting on the leg and foot. i agree with what you are saying about the lighting on the leg to some degree, maybe it just needs to be slightly warmer on her jeans. anyway, fantastic piece.
O_o